PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping a basketweave

myxpykalix
12-09-2009, 02:27 PM
With the limited time i'm allowed to use the program down at the furniture mfg that I know, I am trying to wrap this basketweave around a column in Artcam.

I am trying to wrap it around a 5" diameter column (15.70" circumference) and I can't seem to get the weaves to intersect.

Based on these pictures can anyone tell what the problem is? It seems to me that possibly there is a issue with the "material size" amd the "model size=the weave) but i'm almost certain they are exactly the same.

Any tips would be appreciated.

mitchjr
12-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Make the weave bigger than needed. Add 4" or so on each end. Create your weave and then create a rectangle the size that you need. Center that in the middle of the weave and zero the rest or copy the relief under the rectangle. Should be centered and the ends should line up. I do this to get a rotated weave to work.

steve
12-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi Jack , I do much the same as Mitch. I cover a whole page ( larger than the rectangle ) then I line up the rectangle to split the pockets at each end. Next I delete the weave and then fill only the selected vector with the weave and save as a relief. This sometimes means I have to shrink or expand the rectangle slightly , but that can be corrected when you paste it .

myxpykalix
12-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Stephen I sent you some detailed questions.

With your illustration here am i to assume that you wrap it in tipped fashion as opposed to wrapping a square edge of the model to square edge?

steve
12-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi Jack , I rotate the rectangle 45 deg to get the pattern I want. I woud then save this as a relief but when I paste it I would rotate it counter clockwise back to 90 deg. I would then make sure the size of the relief is the same height (Y) as the post (15.7) and then paste it.
2888... I was a little slopy with this joint , it should fit almost seemless.