View Full Version : Limit Checking Question

jim_vv
07-24-2009, 11:45 PM
I usually have Table Limit Checking turned on in my control software so as to avoid any potential disasters. I get a Limit Violation Error Message on my Low B Limit (even when my indexer is sitting at 0 degrees) when I first start up. I usually just tell the software to ignore it. I currently have my Low B Limit set at 0 and my High B Limit set at 100000. I figured I would ask on the forum what values others use for the indexer/B axis to rid myself of this pesky little thing. Any suggestions as to what values I should use?

Kind Regards,

JIM

rnels
07-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Jim,

Possibly use a negative number for the low as the indexer can go negative. By having the low limit set to zero I'm guessing you hit the low limit when you are positioned at 0.

Randy

jim_vv
07-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Randy,

Thank you. I guess I should have checked the default setting which is -500. I went ahead and put that in and the message has ceased.

Kind Regards,

JIM

jdervin
07-25-2009, 11:49 PM
On the high end, I've found that the control software has a maximum of 536,760 degrees. One degree more and I get an overflow error followed by the software crashing. Your limit of 100,000 would certainly prevent this, but just in case you decide to go higher at some point, I thought this might prove helpful to you.