PDA

View Full Version : Second X and Y Zero Routine

jim_vv
06-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I have tried searching the forum and I must not be typing in the right keywords. I would like to add a second homing routine for my indexer's X and Y Zero using my proximity sensors. Can anyone tell me how to do it or where in the forum to find out how?

Thank you, JIM

myxpykalix
06-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Can you assign the C9 key for that? My control software inside was not hooked to machine so when i tried it (C9) it just flashes and goes away.
another way, not sure how you would do this but take the file that is controlled by the C3 command and somehow copy that and assign other keystrokes for your "indexer homing" file?

cip
06-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Jim

Using whatever editor you want,Open the Custom_.sbc file found in the sbparts\custom directory.

Follow the directions found in that file and save as what ever C name that you want. Be sure not to over write an existing file name.

Here's the one that I use.
You must find the X and Y locations specific to your machine and substitute those values in the jx and jy in the routine below.
When you are finished using the indexer you must run xy zero again (C3) to re-establish your home on the table.

Assume nothing and test everything.
Be careful.

Mike

'SETUP FOR INDEXER (XY ZERO FOR INDEXER)
'--------------------------------------------------------------------------
FP, c:\SbParts\XYzero.sbp

JX 19.25
JY 60.125

Z2

dana_swift
06-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Mike that is elegantly simple. Good description too..

D

jim_vv
06-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Well Said. Got it. Thank You!

beacon14
06-13-2009, 03:39 PM
After using the indexer you can reset the XY zero by using [S]et to [T]able Base Coordinates. Try it and see. JH to go to the current 0,0, then press ST and click OK. The XY values should revert to 19.25, 60.125 (or whatever you change those values to in the C9 file).

jim_vv
06-14-2009, 03:35 PM
David, I tried it and it works. Thank you.