PDA

View Full Version : Laser align for x,y

khaos
11-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I have installed a laser align for some basic alignments. This is ideal for me to set temp x,y's for odd cuts. Also its awesome for validating the cut will clear the clamps/screws without endangering the bit. I have also mounted it in a way that clears dust foot!! It works without a collet change, with the dust foot or not. :)

COBOB
11-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Can you tell us about the lasers? That looks a lot like the device Woodcraft sells for a drill press.
Thanks,

myxpykalix
11-12-2011, 07:14 PM
joe thats neat does the X meet under the router at the center of the bit or is just something to get close with?:D

khaos
11-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Can you tell us about the lasers? That looks a lot like the device Woodcraft sells for a drill press.
Thanks,

This is the drillpress device from woodcrest. :cool:

khaos
11-12-2011, 11:38 PM
joe thats neat does the X meet under the router at the center of the bit or is just something to get close with?:D

The X meets directly under the center of the router bit. In the picture I have the 30 degree vcarve and it remains lined up regardless of the height.

The laser is focused to about 1/15th of an inch so its not a hairline. My requirement was within an 1/8 so it meets my needs.

khaos
11-13-2011, 10:05 AM
I added a little masking tape to the bottom of my brushes to give me some extra depth on vacume after a deep 3d piece. I forgot to describe that very well in the initial image.

Here is the link to woodcrest (http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2082700/31945/WoodRiver-Universal-Drill-Press-Laser-Attachment.aspx).