PDA

View Full Version : What software?

kevinbheath
11-21-2011, 05:25 PM
I am purchasing a used Shopbot PRT tomorrow. Do you guys have any recomendations for software? It is about 10 years old. I have some experience with Mach 3 and Cambam, but I'm not sure if these will work with a Shopbot. Do any of you know?

myxpykalix
11-21-2011, 05:40 PM
the shopbot does not typically run on mach 3 although i think guys have programmed it to do so. As it is 10 years old it would have run on dos(?) originally (guessing).

Are you buying it from an original owner or a 3rd party that doesn't know anything about its history?
The software to run the machine should come with it, if not you can download it directly from shopbot although you need to make sure you get the correct version for your machine. Check this link out:
http://www.shopbottools.com/mSupport/controlsoftware.htm

There are some older users here who should chime in with some specific technical info that will help but i would call shopbot direct and talk to them also. There is no charge to talk to them and they won't press you into buying anything and will be more then happy to help you identify any issues you may have and how to fix them.:D