PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Camp

sneakers
11-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Well before you know it the holidays will pass and it will be time for the Atlanta area Shopbot Camp. Or will it? Is there any interest in a camp in this area? Any plans that I don't know about? Let's not end this very worthwhile get together and get something going.

Gary

harryball
11-22-2011, 02:06 PM
The last I heard a camp in Atlanta was not set in stone but if one happens the time frame looked to be Spring. That could always change.

I would prefer Spring to January anyway. I'm guessing the suspect Months would be April or May.

The IWF returns to Atlanta at the end of August 2012. I don't know if or how that will affect SB's decision on a camp.

I'm sure more will be posted here as details develop.

/RB

Ted D
01-22-2012, 07:49 PM
I received the e-mail about the FL camp and it sounded like I could really benefit from it, both days, but the distance is more than I have time for. I'm definitely up for a similar camp in the Atlanta area, or even SC, AL, or middle TN.

bleeth
01-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Ted: Right now Spirit is selling Atlanta-Ft.Lauderdale flights for a hundred bucks round trip. If you don't drive (which would cost more in gas!!) your time is cut down pretty good.

Ted D
01-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Ted: Right now Spirit is selling Atlanta-Ft.Lauderdale flights for a hundred bucks round trip. If you don't drive (which would cost more in gas!!) your time is cut down pretty good.

Thanks, but no thanks. Without getting too political let me just say that I will not have any interaction with the TSA, or support an industry which acquiesces to that kind of control. Besides, with parking on this end and a rental car on that end even a $100 flight can't beat the cost of driving at 30 MPG by more than a few dollars. It's not more than 10 hours driving and with wasted time getting to and from and in airports on each end it's 7 hours traveling by air. Either way it's a wasted day on each end.

gene
01-23-2012, 04:11 PM
i too would like an atlanta camp . fla is a too long a drive.