PDA

View Full Version : Feeds and speeds

Guerra Cues
11-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Hello,
I have tried everything and feed rate seems the same.
I am trying to setup a pocket and when I do an air test run the feed rate seems to be way to fast.
I am entering the feed speeds on the tool database and within the tool I am using. The feeds do not change even when I changed them... Am I doing something wrong?

bleeth
11-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Are you remebering to re-calculate the toolpath? Once you change and save the speed in the database you must resave the toolpath for it to take affect.
If I am reading your screen shot correctly you have feed speed at 4.3 inches per minute. That is really slow.

zeykr
11-26-2011, 10:19 AM
If you are running a shopbot, set your feed units to inches per second instead of inches per minute.

Guerra Cues
11-26-2011, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=bleeth;119628]Are you remebering to re-calculate the toolpath? Once you change and save the speed in the database you must resave the toolpath for it to take affect.
If I am reading your screen shot correctly you have feed speed at 4.3 inches per minute. That is really slow.[/QUOTE

Hey Dave,

The feed rate is slow because I was changing things around and experimenting. I am saving and recalculating... So, I am going to see what else I am doing wrong...

Guerra Cues
11-26-2011, 02:27 PM
If you are running a shopbot, set your feed units to inches per second instead of inches per minute.

I am doing that already.

gc3
11-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Hello,
I have tried everything and feed rate seems the same.
I am trying to setup a pocket and when I do an air test run the feed rate seems to be way to fast.
I am entering the feed speeds on the tool database and within the tool I am using. The feeds do not change even when I changed them... Am I doing something wrong?

post the crv and the sbp file.....

Guerra Cues
11-27-2011, 07:24 PM
post the crv and the sbp file.....

Here is the sbp file.

adrianm
11-28-2011, 04:00 AM
Are you cutting this on the indexer or is it a normal flat job?

That SBP file has been generated using the Post Processor for creating wrapped jobs with an indexer attachment rather than one of the "normal" ones.