PDA

View Full Version : Computer Requirements

gary_k
11-29-2011, 11:38 PM
I have a 2007 PRSalpha with a 4HP spindle using ArtCam Pro 9. When I first set up my system, I had someone else hook my old HP laptop to run the Bot. The laptop is now starting to act up and I am looking for my best option for a new computer that won't limit me on any of my large files. Any suggestions? I am leaning towards a desktop rather than a laptop.

This computer will be dedicated to running the Bot. I don't want any extras on it - just the basics needed to run the Bot. Can I do future updates with a flash drive or do I need to have internet access on it?

Since I will be installing the program myself this time and I am not the most computer savy, I have a couple of questions. Will I use my original software to get started or can I just load the latest and greatest from ShopBot's website? I also have the USB software CD that I believe will need to be loaded first.

I will go through my manual but I was hoping for any insights that may be able to save me some time and give me a better understanding of what I am doing.

Thanks!
Gary

tlempicke
11-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Facing the exact same problem I went to Sams and bought the cheapest full blown laptop I could. An ACER which was 400 and some bucks. Works perfectly and have not had one single problem with it since day one.

I DO keep the Wi Fi turned off unless I am downloading something that I just must.

If I could just figure out how to keep the @#$%^ ;McCaffee begware from continually coming up life would be perfect.

During the Holiday Season you should have tons of options at good prices.

jerry_stanek
11-30-2011, 11:29 AM
uninstall McGaffee. I hate when a program decides that it needs to take over my computer.