PDA

View Full Version : Nativity Scenes

rjnhs
12-01-2011, 12:19 PM
We are just getting our machine up and going and learning. I teach high school students and one of them had seen a nativity scene on a web site that had been cut out with a cnc. I was checking to see if anyone has done this and if we could get the program? The students thought it would make a good fund-raiser! It might be a little late for this year but we can always try.

Thanks for your help,
Rusty

pappybaynes
12-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Be careful, I am sure someone will object to you using school property to produce a nativity scene....but go for it!!!

robtown
12-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Be careful, I am sure someone will object to you using school property to produce a nativity scene....but go for it!!!

First off... the gentleman is in Kansas, I don't think he'll have many issues there...

Secondly.... REALLY???

Is there no place safe from the hystrionics, hyperbole and "us" vs. "them" BS anymore?

BUT... there are nice, "safe" holiday cutouts available, there is a file that contains the shapes for a santa's sleigh and reindeer available here somewhere. I have them on my site for the grabbing:

www.robtown.com/santasleigh.zip (http://www.robtown.com/santasleigh.zip)

jerry_stanek
12-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Can anybody say South Park.

cabnet636
12-01-2011, 06:07 PM
some silloettes you can cut and have them paint

chiloquinruss
12-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Here's a couple more. Russ

bob_reda
12-02-2011, 05:13 AM
Apparently there isn't a safe place. There is a small town here in Pa that national attention is once again focusing on because of a navity set on city property. It's no one from the city, but from those outside. The mayor says he not's budging on this and if they want to come to come on down:)

mcmark
12-02-2011, 05:29 AM
Apparently there isn't a safe place. There is a small town here in Pa that national attention is once again focusing on because of a navity set on city property. It's no one from the city, but from those outside. The mayor says he not's budging on this and if they want to come to come on down:)

Canonsburg again?

cowboy1296
12-02-2011, 08:45 AM
there is going to come a time when it will be necessary to get a switch and run these fruit loops out of town. i for one am tired of this b s.

robtown
12-02-2011, 08:51 AM
apparently not...

bob_reda
12-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Mark,
Not this time, its Ellsworth popullation around 3000 plus or minus

WoodMarvels.com
12-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I've been looking for a Nativity Scene for my website for a good long while actually - if anybody has a design that they built themselves (own the rights to) and is CNC'ed... please do contact me either though private message or using a form on my website WoodMarvels.com so I can add it to my catalog... I have had some demand for this but so far, haven't been able to find a design that's a good size and with enough detail that somebody owned the rights to.

Jon

gc3
12-02-2011, 05:01 PM
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7989

WoodMarvels.com
12-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks Gene, I've sent a msg to get the originator to get a hold of me!

Jon

pappybaynes
12-13-2011, 12:41 PM
When I posted this I did so partially in jest (you know, political correctness and all), but more so in disgust, hearing lately that some schools were not going to allow Christmas Trees or the mention of Santa Clause for fear of offending someone...first it was the Manger and the "Reason for the season", and now this...We've allowed them to get rid of the birth of Christ(mas), now "father Christmas" as my Aussie dad used to say - look out mother nature, you're next! I will not apologize - Merry CHRISTmas to all of you - a safe and happy time for all - let's remember the men and women all over the world that protect the right to have free speech, (and Mangers and Christmas Trees)

cowboy1296
12-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Amen to what you just said and Merry CHRISTMAS to all.

I hope Santa brings me a new endmill. I broke my first one yesterday cutting maple.

Same garbage is going on in a small Texas community as i type. So far they are standing strong and lets hope that they continue.

Semper Fi

myxpykalix
12-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Here's one...Happy Festivus:rolleyes:

WoodMarvels.com
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
I heard that wooden toys are no longer allowed in many schools because they fear children might get a splinter (lawsuit waiting to happen)... a far worse (and sad) issue in my opinion.

Jon

cabnet636
12-13-2011, 12:58 PM
jack that was a good one!!

myxpykalix
12-13-2011, 01:23 PM
get your pole out...:eek::D