PDA

View Full Version : Pause file to Change (MS) speed

airroots
12-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi,

Is its possible to pause a file ans change (ms) speed.

Thank's

knight_toolworks
12-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Do you have the speed control? if not put a "pause" where you want the stop to happen then change the speed manually and hit enter. if you have the speed control if you just add the TR,12000 where you want the speed to change.

zeykr
12-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Hit S to stop the program, hit I to insert command and do your ms x,y, then hit R to resume.

steve_g
12-05-2011, 06:49 PM
won't "SHIFT"+ ">" do what you want it to do?

Steve

ironsides
12-05-2011, 08:04 PM
won't "SHIFT"+ ">" do what you want it to do?

Steve

Works for me.

George

zeykr
12-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Shift > or Shift < is ok for small changes, but ramping does not change this way so it's always been recommended to make large feed changes using Stop, Insert, and MS

steve_g
12-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Inserting an MS command or using the [shift] + [>] or [<] only changes the move speed until another tool path with a MS command is encountered in the file. If gross changes are required...I suggest you recalculate the tool path with better tool speeds set for the bit chosen or edit the file directly. I use the [Shift]+ command for fine tuning. For example, when I use a compression bit for cutting Baltic Birch plywood the "sweet Spot" seems to change with temperature, humidity, lumber batch and other unknown factors.

on another note... if I remember correctly I seem to recall Ted saying at a camp several years ago, that ramps are recalculated after a pause. You could use the [shift] + commands to listen and watch for the best cut, pause and continue to recalculate the ramping.

Steve

airroots
12-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Use Stop and change insert MS command, work fine. Laters I recalculated my path with new speed.

Thank's