PDA

View Full Version : New 3.5 Coffee Table Turning.....

mitchjr
11-02-2009, 04:55 PM
This was created a as a class demonstration. I showed the students how to add the relief on the square end, add the flutes as a feature engraving, create a weave with the weave wizard and add the weave to the leg, create the leg profile from a picture and finally create the toolpaths and cut her out. My next demo will be a 30"Doric Column with a ivy vine wrapping around it. I got to create some video recordings of this one for the students who miss a class so it will be awhile, but I will post the pics when it is done.

Sorry the weave is hard to see, it is small.

myxpykalix
11-02-2009, 06:18 PM
What program did you use to create your toolpaths? Also if you create a video could you post it in a place where some of us could see it?

That is very impressive.

mitchjr
11-02-2009, 07:01 PM
We have been using ArtCam going on 11 years now, but we have just started doing the rotary stuff this past summer.

Video files are huge. I will need to wait until it is done, but PLEASE DO NOT COUNT ON IT. The video files I create are normally used for the following school year. This gives me the summer to get it done correctly. I will keep it in mind. Thanks for the comments......

rcnewcomb
11-02-2009, 07:30 PM
I'd be interested in learning about your approach to designing for rotary machining. When designing, do you think "round" or "flat-then wrap"?