PDA

View Full Version : Another hollow spiral

myxpykalix
08-27-2008, 10:32 PM
its a shame i'm going to cut half of it away.
Is anyone interested in me making some notes on how to make one of these? Is anyone trying to make anything like this?

ed_lang
08-28-2008, 07:57 AM
John,

My I suggest you take plenty of notes and add them to the ShopBot Wiki.

This way everyone who wants to know about this can find the information rather than have it deep down in some Forum post.

I bet I know what you are going to have to show at the camp.

myxpykalix
08-28-2008, 08:04 AM
Ed,
on the wiki can't other just come in and delete stuff? I'd rather not go to the trouble if it can just vanish but somewhere where it can be retained is the best place and i guess that is the wiki.

bill.young
08-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Hey John,

I think Ed's right...that the wiki is the best place to put information where it will be easily accessible to others. It's true that postings on the wiki can be edited, added to, or deleted by anyone that has an account, but there's really no reason for anyone to completely delete a posting unless it's dangerous (or they have a grudge against you!).

As of now the only person that's ever deleted any pages is the admin (me), and they were all obvious spam pages. There's also a revision history of every posting that shows changes and allows you to roll back to a previous version, and anything that's been deleted can be reinstated from the Deletion log.

If concerns about having your postings deleted is keeping you from adding things, though, you can also protect postings using the Protect tab, so that they are locked and only you can edit them.

Bill