PDA

View Full Version : Newbie uses the Vectric tutorials

gsartor_1999
02-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Just got a new ShopBot Desktop, my first CNC machine! Since I have enjoyed looking at all the work posted on this forum, I wanted to share my take on the vectric tutorial for the "Bullshead" sign. This is cut into some fabulous fancy plywood "scrap" from a friend who does custom cabinets with all the default settings in the tutorial.

I was able to get the Desktop with a generous donation that my uncle gave me to add new experiences to my humble middle school design tech shop. I hope to get a Buddy once I get comfortable with the Desktop. Now, if the kids would just stop showing up so I could mess around! =-) Bonus! Next week is mid-winter break and while they are all cavorting in Florida and Cancun, I can rock out some cool stuff! I will post the results for feedback.

gc3
02-15-2012, 09:10 PM
well done! now your addicted :D no rehab necessary...

myxpykalix
02-15-2012, 09:13 PM
you need to put that sign somewhere and in a year after you get more experience under your belt come back and look at where you are at in your skill level and you will "boy that was simple"...good for you and post your projects in "show and tell" even if you are not happy because we can critique them and give you "constructive" criticism on how to make it better.

Don't worry we don't bite:eek: and you will be surprised at how nice we really are...(well at least me, anyway:rolleyes:)

bruce_taylor
02-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Nice looking job! Great start, I just started through the aspire tutorials myself after using other software I like the capabilities and seems user friendly.

kartracer63
02-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Great job Gina! I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

joe
02-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Good Job Gina,

We're all for you!

Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com

Joe Porter
02-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Great job! Just one note of caution...When you do the tutorials, or other ready made toolpaths, check the "Feeds and Speeds" section in the PartWorks or Aspire program. Sometimes they may be a little fast for your machine or material size.:) Remember, you can always slow it down a little if need be. joe