PDA

View Full Version : western hat racks

gary_n
02-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Does anyone have or seen any designs for western hat racks?

steve_g
02-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Gary

Google image "western hat rack" gives examples including antlers, wrought iron, horse shoes, and pegs. My personal experience is a nail on the barn wall. what did you have in mind?

I have made one that had a barb wire motif carved into rough cedar and shaker pegs. I'm still looking for a photo of it however.

Steve

gary_n
02-27-2012, 02:01 PM
I have seen all those pictures from a Google search. I am looking for a file of a U-shaped design that would attach to a wall. I would like to see that barbed wire design if you can find it. I think I saw you at the Austin camp Saturday.

By the way do you have a name and email address for the other guy who is kind of slim and tall from Garland?

steve_g
02-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Gary

The white haired guy hobbling around with a cane? Yes that was me!

I know the other fellow you are talking about, but right now his name eludes me... sorry

I'm attaching my barb wire file, I'm at a loss where my hat rack file is... I'll keep looking.
I've used the distort feature in PartWorks before to wrap this barb wire around the handle and down the shaft of a cane. Western aficionados as well as bikers like the pattern

Steve
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8GtiBWUjRyRU1dFdXZpVnlRSjJ5X0lEWnlrZUFYQ Q