PDA

View Full Version : Comm Errors

tshall
03-01-2012, 07:42 AM
I purchased my alpha in July and have had little, if any problems with it, nor the ecabs link. A couple of days ago I started getting comm errors which seemed intermittent at first, then the occurences started to multiply, then I couldn't cut anything due to the errors. I called tech support at sb and they had me remove my usb hub and plug directly into the computer. That worked and I receilved no more errors.

I decided to try that usb hub in a couple of my other computers and they couldn't recognize it. The usb hub incidentally is the one that came with the machine. Just in case someone else is experiencing similar problems I picked up another hub, no comm errors since, simple fix.

FYI the other thing I've noticed this winter is that when the humidity level in my shop drops to about 30% the machine will stop, static elec I assume. I run a humidifier in the winter and a dehumidifier and air cond in the summer and have had no problems until the other day when I shut the humidifier off and forgot to turn it back on. Later I was running some sheet goods and the bot stopped (don't remember the error message right now) but I turned the humidifier back on and started cutting a couple hours later after the humidity had risen and no problem(s) since.

cowboy1296
03-01-2012, 08:45 AM
my hub went out early also and bought a new one. i had to learn the hard way about services interferrring with the control computer. i am assuming that you already know about that.

tshall
03-02-2012, 06:15 AM
Yes Rick, Gary Campbell helped me set my machine up (which I'm certain has virtually eliminated any unforseen variable(s) that would have negatively impacted performance) and helped me set my computer up as well. He was very thorough and went thru the computer shutting off services, screen savers etc.