PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet parts pro

mars
03-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi to all,
I'm looking for someone that is using CPP version 8.5.18 to make a test.

I am trying to make a wall cabinet that is 60 wide, x 36 high and 16 inches deep and the Nester is giving me a pop up dialog box saying: execution error 340, element in group control 3 doesn’t exist, sometime it's the control 2 or 1.

If I change the width to 49 or lower, the Nester open and all the dimensions are has they should be

I'm not asking to cut the parts, only to see if the Nester is going to open normally.
Thank you

gene
03-04-2012, 05:19 PM
i AM USING 8.5.2 and it opened fine. takes 1 . 3 sheets

ken_rychlik
03-04-2012, 06:32 PM
If you change the grain direction on the back it should nest ok.

mark_stief
03-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Mine says the same thing with 8.5.18
Gene I just upgraded a week ago How did you get 8.5.2 I would have thought I should have got the latest and greatest version at that time

gene
03-04-2012, 09:19 PM
i dont know . my nest sheet is laid out differently. can you change the x and y sheet direction ? instead of 48x96 try 96x48 and see if it makes a difference

mars
03-04-2012, 11:15 PM
i AM USING 8.5.2 and it opened fine. takes 1 . 3 sheets

Can you post a screen shot of your nesting setup.

Thank you

gene
03-05-2012, 01:16 AM
i am not sure how to do that, can you tell me how?

steve_g
03-05-2012, 02:42 AM
Gene... what operating system are you using? The best screen shot method varies with OS.

Steve

ken_rychlik
03-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Here is a work around for you. Make the cabinet but before you nest it, change your sheet size to 60 inches wide. After it nest take the back and rotate it. Then change the sheet size back to 48. It will work for making the back, but it will mess up the other parts. Next you will have to re make the cabinet with no back and nest it normally.

Another option would be to nest it with an oversize sheet and then save the dxf file. Take the dxf to aspire or partworks and toolpath there.

If you just check the box under nest settings that allows for part rotation it will nest the project, but you will have to see what other parts have been rotated that you may not want. You can click on them, rotate, and move them around on the sheet after it nest.

gene
03-05-2012, 10:51 AM
windows xp

mars
03-05-2012, 11:02 AM
i am not sure how to do that, can you tell me how?

Gene if you are using windows, just press the print screen button on your keyboard, then use any software (Paint, Corel Photo Paint can do this) that can open an image from the clipboard and paste it in then save it has a *.jpeg.

Thank you all for your help

steve_g
03-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Gene:
Operating systems after XP came with a "sniping tool" it allows you to crop an image on the screen and "snip" it to a .jpg image.

XP and before, you can use the PrtScrn key as Marcel suggests. this method puts an image of your entire desktop in to "memory" to be pasted into another application. In my case... with multiple monitors... The pasted image is one HUGE picture that has to be cropped in another photo editing software, like "paint" . Paint came with XP and is located in the Accessories folder. After cropping adding text or whatever you than save the image as a .JPG.

Steve

mars
03-05-2012, 12:19 PM
I might have found a cheap work around for cabinets that are wider than sheets good by allowing rotation, while working with sheets that doesn't have grain there is nothing to look at.

For sheets that have a grain, I will have to rotate them manually to respect the grain (A pain in the...) but at least I can nest them.

If someone have a better solution just drop it in

Thank you all for your help

gene
03-05-2012, 03:48 PM
try to change the width to 48 and the length to 96

mars
03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
try to change the width to 48 and the length to 96

I can't change these settings because on my CNC The Y axis is the longest one, if I change the 48 to 96 the sheet will come out crossway in Mach3 .
I don't know if you understand or it make any sense to you, so two pic to show you what I mean.

Thank you

gene
03-05-2012, 07:50 PM
yea , i got it now . mine the long axis is the x . sorry for the confusion

mars
03-05-2012, 08:41 PM
yea , i got it now . mine the long axis is the x . sorry for the confusion
Hi,
First, you don't need to be sorry for trying to help someone out.

I have other software for example VCarve Pro and when I input the width for a part it works just like I would expect, I don't know why CPP is working the opposite way.

Correct me if I'm wrong but should the gantry travel perpendicularly to the Y axis.

Thanh you

beacon14
03-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Steve, try Crtl-Alt-PrtScrn, it copies just the current window to the clipboard instead of your entire desktop.

steve_g
03-05-2012, 10:19 PM
David

Thanks! I learned something today!

Steve