PDA

View Full Version : running two bots on one computer

plastics
03-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Where I work I use a PRTalpha96 from like 2006 and we have just ordered a new PRTalpha (or the same model of 48x96). Any advice on trying to run both bots off of the same computer? Suggestions?
It sounds like we are going to use two computers, but would like to know if it is realistic to go at it with one computer.

myxpykalix
03-15-2012, 10:48 AM
If you are talking about running two bots simultaneously then you can't do it.
If you have one running the mouse is trapped within the stop button on the screen and if you could get it off, which i think you can do, i can see how the potential for BIG problems exist.
For the cost of computers today i think its not a good idea to try this.

garyc
03-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Justin...
Like Jack says; you can do it, just not at the same time. SB3 will only hold the settings for 1 machine. You cannot have multiple versions running, AND I personally would not want to try and sort out the data stream for 2 machines. :cool:

Brady Watson
03-15-2012, 04:47 PM
You can run 2 PCs and run a KVM with one monitor and mouse. I prefer 2 full computers so that you can easily hit the space bar to stop either machine if you have to. PCs are so cheap these days...

Modify your desktop background on each computer to say 'CNC 1' or 'CNC 2' - so that even you don't get confused on a hectic day.

-B