PDA

View Full Version : Power interruption

larry_high
03-31-2012, 03:20 PM
Was running a cutting file and was about 6 hrs into the cut when I had an off site power interruption that screwed everything up. My question is do any of you have battery back ups on your ShopBot's? I am running a PRT Alpha w/ a 5 hp spindle.
Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.
Larry

knight_toolworks
03-31-2012, 05:31 PM
I have it on my computer not the bot. you could keep the machine powered but not the spindle really. I think if you powered the bot with one you would need to be able to have it pause when the battery kicks in. I think with the computer only the bot will just stop dead and the spindle will retract a bit.

donchandler
03-31-2012, 07:19 PM
On my old PR machine, I had a UPS on my computer and the bot control box and I connected a relay to the power outlet. As long as there was power, the relay was pulled in, if the power went off the relay went off. The contacts of the relay were hooked to the input that was the same as hitting the space bar.
It would pause the program and when the power came back on the router would start up and I could resume the program. Worked Good, Had several power failures and it always worked.