PDA

View Full Version : Postprocessor Questions

fsfguy
04-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm modifying a Sprutcam postprocessor to work with the Shopbot. The one on the Sprutcam site doesn't work and I have a couple questions.

I can't find documentation on the TR command, is the correct format:
TR,desired-rpm,1
if that's right what does the "1" do? and can it be omitted?

Is there a way to find out if the Shopbot I'm using has the MTC available?
If it is, is the correct code sequence:

&Tool=tool#
C9
C6
some cutting code
C7
&Tool=tool#
C9
C6
some cutting code
C7

In the online MTC video I didn't see an SO,1,1 at the beginning of the file, does that mean that I don't need to put an SO,1,0 at the end of the file?

srwtlc
04-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Bob,

If you have one spindle and it's on output 1, TR,12000 (for example) is all you really need. Set that in the fill-in sheet that comes up when you click on the 'RPM' area of the spindle control window.

If you want to go the manual/auto toolchange route and have the current SB3 software, then you should have all the necessary files for a manual toolchange in your SBParts\Custom folder. I don't use it myself, so those that have/do can provide better comments on this.

For ATC and MTC usage, C6 and C7 are spindle on/off.

If you take a look at the post processor for PartWorks (ShopBot_TC_inch.pp), you should be able to figure out the code from there.

fsfguy
04-04-2012, 02:48 AM
I'm modifying a Sprutcam postprocessor to work with the Shopbot. The one on the Sprutcam site doesn't work and I have a couple questions.

Is there a way to find out if the Shopbot I'm using has the MTC available?
If it is, is the correct code sequence:

&Tool=tool#
C9
C6
some cutting code
C7
&Tool=tool#
C9
C6
some cutting code
C7

In the online MTC video I didn't see an SO,1,1 at the beginning of the file, does that mean that I don't need to put an SO,1,0 at the end of the file?

Thanks for the info about the TR code.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to that file, is there someone who's familiar with the MTC and the related codes required in a .sbp file? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

adrianm
04-04-2012, 04:19 AM
You can look at the files in the c:\SBParts\custom and SBParts\custom\MTC directory to see what they do. They're all standard SBP code file so very readable.

Within the SBParts\PartWorksPost directory you will find the latest PP's for PartWorks which, in conjunction with the files above, will give you all the information you need.

The &ATC variable is set when you run the ShopBot setup routine from SB3.

Brady Watson
04-04-2012, 07:46 AM
SprutCAM's price of admission is not cheap...Your reseller should be able to hook you up with exactly what you need. There are very few people using SC to run their ShopBot. Any particular reason why you chose SC over Vectric or DelCAM products?

-B