PDA

View Full Version : My shop

genek
04-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Here are some pictures of my shop.. The cnc now has a 8 foot table.. Out grew the 2x4 one ..

genek
04-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Here are more pictures of my shop.

Xray
04-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Impressive setup, clean & organized.

genek
04-04-2012, 01:38 AM
That's are a very good day... Right now it looks like a tornado has hit. Lol..we have been so back logged this month that it will take me a week to just clear the floor of small pieces of wood.

bruce_taylor
04-04-2012, 08:46 AM
I never seem to get my shop cleaned and organized enough to take any pictures. You guys on here that have these nice clean and organized shops make it hard on us guys that are in continual tornado mode. I'm always adding or modifying something to make it work for something, it aint purty but it works is the motto. Someday I will have to clean and organize for a month or so so I can take some pictures too!! Looks like a real nice place to call home.

chiloquinruss
04-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Very nice shop and I love the glue up rack, very nice. I am just finishing up a job and I have 8 bags of sawdust from my DC and 3 boxes (2'x2'x4') of firewood! :) Wadda mess! My next inside shop job is to rebuild my lumber rack, I designed it totally wrong and its a real pain. My new one will be a lot like yours with more of an end load design instead of a side load design like it is now. Thanks for sharing your shop, looks like it would be a very comfortable place to work. Russ

CNYDWW
04-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Great little shop. That glue rack reminds me of the baby brother of the one I ran back when i was 18 starting out in the trade. If i remember correctly, it was 15 clamps across 10ft rack. There were 16 racks that rotated. With that, a vertical press to hold the boards flat while clamping and an impact type head that slid across the front. It was 100% pneumatic and we had drums of Elmer's wood glue on the ready. A foot operated glue bath with a honey comb plate that would be exposed when you hit the pedal and the bath would drop. With 16 racks, by the time you got the machine full, you could immediately start pulling panels out. On break, my boots would stick to the floor on my way out of the glue room.

Again, great looking shop.

Regards
Randy

Brady Watson
04-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Nice little shop! Looks like you've got a place for everything - which is nice, because if something is out of place, you know it!

Great shot of Jr & Sr working together. Love it!

-B

genek
04-09-2012, 08:53 PM
We spend a hour each day cleaning up... However, sometimes it getS out of hand and we have to take a day or a weekend and do a full cleaning... This month i would not share a picture of how the shop looks.. One thing also. My wife is legally blind. She comes out to the shop from time to time.. I have to keep it sort of clean just for her.. She judges new product and lets me know if women will buy the product. Women do 98% of the buying so we judge our product by my wife.. She is very picky.. But i have to give her credit.. When she says it will sale it does and when she tells me to drop it i have found out that it will not sale... So that is one reason i keep the shop cleaner than most.

michael_schwartz
04-09-2012, 09:04 PM
I like the clamp rack. That would be a perfect size for many smaller shops.

I am sure you have some tricks up your sleeve for production sanding, seeing the kinds of small, intricate parts you make.

genek
04-09-2012, 09:16 PM
I do. I use a jet 16x32 , a flutter wheel sander, and a special sander i build with a motor, 2 pillow blocks and a shaft...plus i keep several hand sanders ready.

genek
04-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Here is the picture of one of the sanders i use. WE USE OLD DISCARD BREAD RACKS SPRAY SMALL PARTS AND ORNAMENTS IN...

gerryv
06-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Eugene,

Without having to share any market secrets, what are those small products that you have so well organized in bins?

From the lumber on hand, it looks like you may do some hardwood furniture/products. That's our interest too but with so many of the fella's doing cabinets and sheet good stuff (they're smart enough to make some money!) I feel a little lonely here sometimes - wish there was a hardwood furniture/lumber workers section on the forum.