PDA

View Full Version : upper midwest camp

bobmoore
04-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Thought I would get the ball rolling on a camp for the upper midwest. We had a great camp last year in Marquette, MI but that is not in the cards this year. I have plenty of room for people and parking but I am afraid my machine and skills wouldn't even make a good shadow of Gary's camp last year. I am also about a 1 hour drive from a moderate size airport (cwa). Gleason is half way between Wausau and Rhinelander WI. Maybe someone else would be better equipped to have a camp but I sure would like to see one somewhere up here this year.
Thanks Bob

billp
04-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Bob,
You must be psychic! We've been working on a location in that area, and now we just need a date! The folks at Maker Works ( http://www.maker-works.com/) have agreed to host a Camp Shopbot at their facility in Ann Arbor, MI ! We're trying to work out a date with them right now and as soon as we do I'll post it here on the Forum....

bobmoore
04-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Ann Arbor is in that state that took Prince Fielder from us! I guess I will have to get over it. Thanks Bill I hope the dates work out for us. Always look forward to seeing a new shop.
Bob

Kworks
04-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Just looked up Maker Works, a cot and a hot plate and I won't want to leave.
Set the date and let me know.

gsartor_1999
04-05-2012, 12:51 PM
A camp in Ann arbor would be AWESOME! Please, please, please make it happen and I am in.

beacon14
04-06-2012, 11:59 PM
My son is in school in Ann Arbor (Go Blue!) - make it during the school year and I might have an excuse to make the trip.

billp
05-30-2012, 04:45 PM
OK, let's see if I can explain this without confusing anyone;We ARE going to have a Camp Shopbot at the Maker Works in Ann Arbor, MI on Sat. Sept. 22nd! Details on this Camp will start to fill in over the next few weeks. BUT we will address this event as the "Ann Arbor,MI Camp" because we are ALSO planning to have another Camp which is going to be in Mercer, WI at the shop of David McNutt, and THAT Camp will more accurately be titled the "Upper Mid West Camp Shopbot". We're just waiting for confirmation from David as to the date.
I will start separate threads for each event so we can steer people to the correct location ( although there's no reason you couldn't attend both...).
More to follow...