PDA

View Full Version : Coffee table

danhamm
04-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Made a coffee table, same format as the step tables...ive been making.
Size is 24x40..

myxpykalix
04-18-2012, 06:10 AM
Dan......you da man! That is definitely neat. You could make your own line of "knock down furniture" that is really cool.....:cool:

question is...what's next? What did you make this out of...pine? how much do you think you have in material? Another cool design!:eek:

danhamm
04-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Material= about 20.00 bucks, its pine shelving from a local plant...I get first dibs..I go and pick up what I want and can resort piles...sooo.
they have shorts, trimmer ends up to 24 inches..for 3 bucks, I use a lot of them..

myxpykalix
04-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Thats cool for you! You either need a connection like that, or have a friend who has a sawmill:D and another friend who owns a kiln:D and another friend who owns 600 acres of woodlands and will let you cut one tree at a time of whatever you want:D The problem is you wind up with more wood then you will ever use!:(

How are you creating your vcarved (looks like leaf) pattern? I like the way your center curves. I could see how you "might could" add a slanted shelf below for like a magazine rack. I'm going to have to study this picture to see if i can "immitate" your design, because as they say "immitation is the sincerest form of flattery"...another nice one dan