PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever seen this error code?

Greybarn
04-18-2012, 11:07 AM
has anyone ever seen this error code? When I tried to re-open a Partworks file, I get a pop up screen with this message. Any idea of what causes this?
Regards
Peter

tmerrill
04-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Peter,

That error normally indicates you are trying to open the file with an older version of the program. Most of the time this happens when you have two versions on your computer and the older version was the most recently used.

Find the newer version on your computer and open it. Then use "Open an Existing file" to load this project. That should load it and re-associate the file extension to the newer version.

Tim

Greybarn
04-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Tim
I don't think that is the answer. I have PW Version 3.504, updated on Nov 29, 2011 on my computer. I checked for updates with that version and it says it is up to date. I searched the computer for other versions of Partworks, and all I could find was version 2.5. I tried to open that version and it asks for my username and password...
I can re-create the file, but the goofy thing is that I worked on the file last week.
No big deal. There is always a work-around.
Regards
Peter

garyc
04-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Peter...
Is it possible that the drive "T:" is not currently mapped or connected to the computer? Is it possible that the file was opened there and then saved to another location?

Greybarn
04-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Gary,
I don't Think that is the problem. We save ALL of our files on 'T'. I could open an essentially identical file from the previous boat from that drive in Partworks. The file size is pretty large and the only thing i can imagine is that I shut down Partworks before the file had completely been saved. It did not take me too long to re-create the file so it is not a big deal, it just seemed a little goofy that it happened.
Regards
Peter