PDA

View Full Version : A surprise visiter.

kurt_rose
04-19-2012, 11:00 AM
So I call up Mr Brady for some Artcam advice on a project I just started. It's my biggest job to date and was a little stressed over the whole thing. I guess he sensed it because 45 min later he was standing in my shop. He gave some lame excuse that he took the 40 mile run to get some lobster bisque, but I know that was the secondary reason no matter what he was saying, but I wasn't about to call him a liar!:D He stayed for a good 3-4 hours and thought me some tricks that would of taking me god knows how long to figure out on my own. He really has helped shorten the learning curve for this old guy. Hey Mr. Brady! This Buds for you! By the way the spindles are coming off the machine with no need of sanding! It dosen't get much better then that! Thanks again.

danhamm
04-19-2012, 12:30 PM
A big thumbs up, to Brady...I love posts like this, from the heart and not pocket book driven..

Brady Watson
04-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Kurt,
You're welcome. Truth be told, I needed to get out of the office/shop for a while...and while I do roll down there for bisque from time to time, I sensed that you were in need. (Besides it was too hot for lobster bisque!!!) Glad I could help. I think everyone needs a mentor from time to time to give a little push in the right direction. One day you may be mentoring me on something I don't know about.

Glad to be of service.

-B

gerryv
04-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Not too many that wouldn't second that (e)motion. My hat's certainly off to Brady more than it's on my head.

curtiss
04-19-2012, 09:54 PM
a year or so back, I read that a big bot was coming to Springfield so I decided to wander out and see what was happening late one afternoon.

There was Brady setting things up which was a complete surprise for me... of course I was not much help.

I think I suggested to Brady a restaurant at the Bass Pro Shop here.

kevin
04-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Brady been to the rock its nice drive !
I know If I get stuck Brady is there for any question ,Thanks for your time

wberminio
04-20-2012, 08:00 AM
This why I bought a Shopbot.Great group of people!

Brady Watson
04-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Gerry - Put your hat back on you're blinding us! :D

Curtiss - Yes, I remember - and did manage to find the restaurant and BPS. You proably helped more than you realize...

Kevin - It's certainly on 'the list' - get more of your people up there to buy big ShopBots & I'll see you sooner than later!

Erminio - It's why I bought a ShopBot 10+ yrs ago :)

-B

kevin
04-21-2012, 09:26 PM
This is whats in my backyard its the size of 10 football fields .There been an abnormal amout of iceberg this year