PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Charm Laser Scan with DIY Setup

khalid
04-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Recently, i received a charm from Bryan enclosed in a beautiful postal card for 3D laser scanning. It was so small and complicated that It took 10 High Resolution scans to get the 3D model. Each scan took only 10sec due to the very small size...

The dimension bounding box of the charm is 10.8mm x 18.8mm x 2.5mm.

PS:
How much accurate and detailed results can be obtained just amazed me...

khalid
04-20-2012, 02:57 PM
and most of you will be familiar with the currency...:D

dana_swift
04-20-2012, 03:00 PM
I find it interesting that you have US pennies in Pakistan while they are trying to take them out of circulation here!

Looks good!

D

khalid
04-20-2012, 03:27 PM
I find it interesting that you have US pennies in Pakistan while they are trying to take them out of circulation here!

Looks good!

D
The US Penny you mentioned is not with me but actually i requested Bryan to send me the charm picture with some measurable object so that i can see whether the scan is possible or not..
He sent me the picture of charm beside the Penny..and after scanning i edited the picture and added the scanned image..

I think the Penny is Copper material..we have a big consumption of copper here.. Once our Government circualted coins of copper and within months all the coins vanished...You shall laugh if i disclosed the secret...:D

gene
04-20-2012, 09:12 PM
where did the coins go?

khalid
04-21-2012, 11:16 AM
where did the coins go?
The rumor was the coins were being massively collected by local weapons manufacturer(illegal) , they purchase those coins a little higher than their value.. re-casted them to make shells of bullets... this is because the copper used in coins are of high quality and after few months we have aluminum alloy coins in the market...:D