PDA

View Full Version : KD Bar

kevin
04-22-2012, 06:40 PM
I finally found some one to let me do a bar .Whats nice about this is a warm up for a 16 foot

I know I rant about feature in kitchens this is why I push my guy .Its not a big leap to move to higher end stuff .

I was going to do carved panel but they said no

I'll post where it being installed you'll see why I wanted to use carved panels [I think its a mistake not to use them]

Ajcoholic
04-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Looks good Kevin! I have a nice bar job coming up this summer as well. They are a nice change from kitchens...

Around here, not many people want a "bar" style bar in homes anymore.. I think more entertaining is centered in the kitchen area vs a rec room, where bars are usually. But, some people still want a fancy "pub style" bar, which is great! :)

Is there going to be a special shelf for the Newfie Screech? ;)

AJC

michael_schwartz
05-12-2012, 01:33 AM
If you weren't so far away, I would have to visit your shop. Nice work.

kevin
06-09-2012, 06:50 PM
I was a little laggy I wanted to post when it was finished

Thanks for the compliments

I was pumped to do the bar now the air is let out of my tires .The bar was going into one of the biggest and best known bed and breafeast .Now there turning the building it in to long term apartments

The up side the bar is going to another bed and breafest not as famous waiting for renos which are taking forever I did 50/50 whish I did 40/40 and 20 on delevery

The up side again is they love my work and I'am fininazing the kitchens design for the 8 units
The bar helps the showroom

myxpykalix
06-09-2012, 07:17 PM
"The up side again is they love my work"

So do we!:D

MogulTx
06-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Kevin Dunphy!

You make a GREAT looking BAR! I would ask you to build me one like that, but DANG we live a long ways apart!
That is really good looking. You should be proud of that nice looking work. Good proportions. Excellent structure. Timeless, classy look....

GOOD STUFF!

MGM

kevin
06-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the compliments

Have the green light for 8 kitchens I'll post pictures

I can ship Newfoundland is not that far

kevin
07-06-2012, 05:46 PM
The bar was influenced by the mansion I stole some of the features of the house plus the furniture .The bar was supose to go in front of the 2 units

The thing is with good cabinet making you can be imortalized can live for ever long after your 6 ft under .
The stair case was made by the guy who made the stairs for the Titanic it a huge land mark in the city .So to be asked to make the bar was an honor .But they held me back a bit but thats O.kay

I was getting discouraged at putting to much detail in my work .I see my compation cheap and fast making more money . As a small shop this how you seperate your self from the pack
it important to stay on a path
Sorry for any typos

kevin
07-06-2012, 05:56 PM
They cancled the bar{looks good in the showroom} there turning it in to upscale condos

I'll start the kitchen tuesday there will be 8 but they won't look like kitchens .Ther will be pocket door

I think I'll install one without the doors first just to be on the safe side

bleeth
07-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Kevin:

"I did 50/50 whish I did 40/40 and 20 on delevery"

They changed the terms by changing install schedule-You have a perfect right to respond to it as a result by getting larger payment for stored materials.
They sound like they truly appreciate your work and won't freak out based on the facts.
Go ahead and bill for the bar less installation and tell them that since they are such good and valued clients you won't charge for storage of the bar in the meantime.

PS: Keep up the most excellant work!!

kevin
07-07-2012, 05:37 AM
Thanks Dave

I' haven't pushed to much .But i still have more work on the bar stain and clear coat , bar top .But your right make up your mind

bleeth
07-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Funny coincidence-I'm about to do an office with a small stretch of raised panel wainscot like your phot previous as an accent to the reception pass throuigh in the waiting area.

kevin
09-16-2012, 11:16 AM
We made all the units they where geting nervous it wasn't going to fit.So we did a mock up .It was diifcult to install thats fustrating we have to remove it to stain and install counter top

There was change with the door see the moulding .They don.t think its extra work

When didn't install bottom door it slides to hide the dishwasher .Thats enough