PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up Spindle on PRS

stockbub
03-10-2007, 01:34 PM
From the spindle there is one wire with a black and red wire inside. In the manual, it does not say where to hook these wire up to in the control box. Does anyone know where they hook up?

Brady Watson
03-10-2007, 06:42 PM
If I am not mistaken, they connect to the DCM & FWD terminals in the control box. Make sure it connects to the one for spindle #1 or you will have to toggle output 2 on to start your spindle instead of output 1. It doesn't matter which wire goes to what terminal.

-B

fermin
06-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi.... I just finished hooking up my PRT, however I cannot get the spindle to turn. I set up the program parameters as specified in the manual, but the router will only turn when I hit the jog button. Everything else in the machine run O.K. (x,y and z axis). I can load programs and the machine will run them, but again the spindle will not turn. Any idea or advise? I'll greatly appreciate your help.

andyb
06-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Fermin,
If you are running a spindle, you may have to add the SO 1,1 command into the SBP file at the beginning to turn the spindle on and SO 1,0 to turn it off.

Andy B.

SO,1,1

fermin
06-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Andy:

I will try your advise and see if I can get the spindle to turn. If this works, do I have to add these commands to every SBP file I run?

Thanks.

knight_toolworks
06-05-2007, 11:40 AM
you have to hit the start button to turn on the spindle. but you do need the command in the file to have the window pop asking you ahve you turned on the spindle? but you can also hit alt + 1 and that will turn on the spindle light and then you can hit start when needed.

andyb
06-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Fermin,
If you are using Parts Wizard then you will have to add the commands yourself. Now I mostly use VCarve Pro to create my cut files and VCarve adds the commands in the files for me. Steve is right, once the command is executed a box will pop up to start the spindle. That is when you have to press the reset then start buttons on the control box.

Andy B.

ryan_slaback
06-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Andy,
I never hit the reset when starting a file. Simply hit the start button. The reset has to do with the axes drives. The start controls the router/spindle power.

knight_toolworks
06-05-2007, 10:32 PM
reset is jsut wehn you goof up (G) but no need to add the turn on command it is eaiser hitting alt 1. v carve and cut 3d both add the command the shopbot software and photocarve don't.