View Full Version : Y carriage hold down brackets

stevem
02-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Having just assembled my new Bot and encountered the frustration of trying to assemble and adjust the Y carriage hold down brackets, I have developed a simple $2.00 fix. The entire modification takes less time to make than it takes to install and adjust the original brackets. This set-up also increases the Y carriage rigidity and smoothness.

Tube size is 1.25" with .125" wall thickness. Ends are cut at 60 degrees or more to allow bolt insertion. Install V rollers first, then lift brackets into position and tighten.

jay
02-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Great idea! Can't think of any drawbacks. I remember the assembly. Your right, time consuming and fustrating. Thanks for sharing.

pacoisa@cooptel.qc.ca
02-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Any SB'ers ever use spring load on linears guides, hold down feautures of carriage? Simply curious; Steve M sure is a good idea...if it's good to him!!! That's the important part of a solution... But I use Hi-end CNC at work and from the many machines I had operated, "spring load" devices is often used to avoid adjustment and almost eliminate plays...

Paco