PDA

View Full Version : X Y error

benchmark
05-19-2012, 03:57 AM
It's allways the way when you need to meet a deadline, one day all well limit switches working fine, today tried to zero off the limit switches all I get is message " Use arrow keys to move off of Prox switches "

Nothing changed since yesterday, upgraded to latest control version still nothing, checked the table limits all seems OK.

Can anyone shed any light please.

Paul

garyc
05-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Paul...
Try a reset to the default settings for your machine. [U] [R]

Follow the screen prompts accepting yes, OK etc and then select the proper settings for your machine.

dlcw
05-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Paul, I had a similar incident happen a couple of weeks ago. Used the machine all week, shut it down for the weekend, turned it on Monday morning and it wouldn't move 2 feet with out loosing comm. Worked on it all day to no avail. Shut it down for the night, turned it on two days later and everything works perfect. Nothing was done to the machine or the computer during the time it wouldn't work. It just started working all by itself. :eek:

I think there are gremlins in the machine that want to come out once and awhile and it just plain looses its marbles and has a major brain fart. One of the joys of computer controlled machinery.

I just wish I wasn't saw dependent on the damn thing now to run my shop. Kinda pisses me off I let myself get so dependent. :mad:

benchmark
05-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Thank you all for the quick response.

It was a gremlin, the furry kind, it chewed through the limit switch cable.

Many thanks

Paul