View Full Version : Quick tune-up and adjustments...

harryball
02-01-2007, 10:06 AM
I've been off the board a while, just busy. I decided to get a few things done during the lull here but the threat of orders is on the horizon (been getting calls)

In addition to the below actions, if anyone can suggest something to do or check let me know.

I've had the bot about 6 months and made a few decisions based on my experience so far and done some maintenance.

1) I adjusted my table so my full reach is -5.7" to 97.8" on the X axis. Before my max X was 96.5".

2) I did a complete cleaning inside and out of everything, checked every nut and bolt, found a few loose ones but nothing major. Rechecked square etc...

3) I removed my spoilboard and resurfaced my vac plenum itself, it was .004" out with dips and valleys. This is something I never did when I got the bot. I was not surprised where the low spots were located. This should make surfacing the spoilboard more accurate. This was a show machine so it came with the table top.

4) I took the leap and replaced my quad vacs with two fein turbo III units and some plumbing. I can route the suction of both to the full table or any one zone. I did this for two reason, first I saved up enough cash to buy the feins and second the noise from the shop vac heads was too much for me. Instead of investing in a cabinet for cover them up I figure the feins are a better investment. The feins really are that quiet. It's amazing.

5) I'm cleaning everything and using T-9. Is T-9 enough of a lube for the pinions and track or should I go back with a grease?

Robert