PDA

View Full Version : Quote Help.

stump
10-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Anyone willing to help me quote these handles? I have been asked to quote them in quantities of 25 and 50. The type of wood wasn't specified, I was told to make it look like the pictures. I was thinking hard maple. I can use the plastic handles for a pattern. The handles are 5" long and about 1.5" wide at the widest point.
We have only used the shopbot for our own use in the past, and have never had to quote work for anyone else. In addition to help with the quote, can anyone see anything else that should concern us? It looks like a pretty straight forward project. Any help or tips for a "newbie" would be appreciated.

Brady Watson
10-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Miles,
I know it may sound trite...but how much money do you want to make? If cutting 50 sets, and you charged $10/set, is $500 - cost of material etc worth your time? Is $10 too cheap or too much? A Google search of knife handle prices will help to guide you in your decision.

FYI - I have several customers who manufacture pistol, rifle and bow grips. They send me the originals to laser scan & I send them a 3D file that they can bring into PartWorks3D to toolpath.

-B