PDA

View Full Version : New user software question

garyr6
05-31-2012, 03:05 PM
I just got my Shopbot desktop. I have been using Aspire on another brand machine.
As such I have any number of 3d files I would like to import in to Partworks 3d and cut. When I save them to DFX and try to open them I get an error in loading to Partsworks 3d. I am sure I am doing something stupid but could use a little help in getting started and over the hump.

srwtlc
05-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Hi Gary,

Any reason that you can't just use Aspire to output the 3D toolpath using the appropriate ShopBot post processor? Since Aspire doesn't make an 'All sided' 3D model, PW3D wouldn't be needed. Otherwise, export the Aspire model as .stl and then import it into PW3D.

garyr6
05-31-2012, 03:48 PM
See I told you it was stupid. Guess I figured I needed to use the shop bot software as apposed to changing the config on Aspire...... da.... sometimes I just don't think they should let me out during the day.
Thanks

srwtlc
05-31-2012, 04:08 PM
sometimes I just don't think they should let me out during the day.Ha, I never get out. ;)

Yes, Aspire will do all that PartWorks will and more, just choose the appropriate post. Vectric's VCarve Pro and PW are the same as well as Cut3D and PW3D, just branded for ShopBot.