PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Direction

Bruceshiel
06-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Hello,

I have an old ShopBot that I dug out of the loft and I had it running quite well for a few months, cutting plywood parts and engraving some solid timber, all was going well till a couple of months ago.

Now, from any position on the table when I instruct the router to move in a given direction, it will sometimes do as asked , sometimes it will give a bit of judder in the wrong direction and then go in the right direction (but be off in length of cut due to the judder) and sometimes it will go completely the wrong direction till it thinks it has completed its cut.

It is an old PRT type and any advice on getting it going the right direction 100% of the time would be greatly appreciated, I have searched the forum in the past for a reference to this problem and either my search criteria are wrong/it hasn't come up before/or it's so simple an issue no one ever needed to ask.

Like I say it's an old machine, but all the same I'd like to get it going if I could.

Thank you, Bruce

srwtlc
06-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi Bruce,

Check and double check all the cable connections and the wires themselves where they enter the wago connectors at the motors and control box. DO THIS WITH THE CONTROL BOX POWERED OFF!

Does it happen on all axises or just one? You can swap cables to see if it follows the cable/driver or the motor. It sounds like you may have a bad/blown driver. There may be an unused driver that you could swap the cable too and enable it in the software. Again, don't swap any cables with the control box powered up or you'll have more blown drivers.