PDA

View Full Version : slow moving bot, is it the unit values?

mjindustry
06-14-2012, 12:40 PM
I wanted to make a quick post before bothering the tech support at SB.

Maybe someone has ran into this. I may need to go to Unit Value school here, well at least I'm hoping the problem will be that easy.

I turned on the bot after what appears to have been a shut down that the bot pc didn't like. I had the yellow input lights 2 and 3 lit up shopbot control software and couldn't get it to do anything. Searched ther forum and found that a Utilities> Reset fixed that. Cool. It's moving and those yellow lights are off.

The only remaining issue is speed. It isn't moving or jogging to near as fast as the settings say it is. For instance, I have it at 3ips move speed and 6ips jog. Actual speed is like maybe 20% of that. :(

Anyone have an idea? Oh my UV's are 733.386 on X&Y, and 916.7324 on Z.

I have a PRT 48 by 96 with a newer RBK Control Box.

Thank you in advance for any assistance! :)

Jason

bleeth
06-14-2012, 12:56 PM
You can make sure the correct unit values are there by running setup (under tools) over again and selecting your tool when asked. I don't think those are the right values for your tool. With the new control box I thionk you should be calling it a PRS for this purpose. I believe you should have 1,833.4649 for X/Y and 2,291.8312 for Z

mjindustry
06-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Thank you SIR!

I just reset again and loaded the PRS Standard and voila! Music to my ears, you know that sound when it just purs... :)

:)

PS: Did you sign up at the new forum yet?

bleeth
06-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Sir is my old man!! (unless you work for me!!).
Don't worry-I will.
Glad you're back at it-I went through the same thing when I upgraded my old PRT control box to a Gecko one.

mjindustry
06-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Sir is my old man!! (unless you work for me!!).
Don't worry-I will.
Glad you're back at it-I went through the same thing when I upgraded my old PRT control box to a Gecko one.

I might work for you someday, ya never know! :eek: