PDA

View Full Version : Testing the spindle/programming V7-4X

byoc
09-05-2006, 11:19 AM
The instructions for programming the spindle driver are very vague. They just say, "do this for all the parameters". What am I setting the parameters to?

When I did the "air cut" test using the shopbot logo, the x,y, and z worked, but the spindle did not move. Should the spindle move during this test?

How should I test the spindle?

richards
09-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Keith, I'm assuming that when you said that the spindle do not move, you meant that it didn't spin the cutter. If everything has been connected correctly, you will still need to go into KEYBOARD mode and click output #1 to the ON position. Then, when you press the START button, the spindle will turn on (in keyboard mode). This is the method that I use to warm up the spindle. When you leave KEYBOARD mode, the spindle will turn off automatically; however, when you run an SBP file, you will be prompted to push the START button and then press enter to start the spindle.

The other method, when running a file, is to add the SO,1,1 command at the start of the file (when the cutter is at a safe location, and then to add the SO,1,0 command near the end of the file, again, when the cutter is at a safe position.

The SO,1,1 command will turn on output #1 and then prompt you to press the START button. The SO,1,0 command will turn off output #1, thus turning off the spindle.

byoc
09-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks, Mike. I'll give that a try.

phil_o
09-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Keith,
the yaskawa V7-4X drive came with a small CD. The manual and other information is on the CD. There is also a VFD simulator on the CD that will familiarize you with programming the VFD.
Do you have a PRT or Alpha shopbot. Only the Alphas can be run from the keyboard.

byoc
09-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey Phil,

I have the alpha. I'll check that out as well. Thanks.

jwool
11-20-2006, 02:31 AM
i have the same original question, setting the parameters are vague,what are the parameter changes for specifically and what am i setting?
I dont know if i'm setting them right, we can aircut, but dont know how to turn the spindle on from our PC? We have output 4 on, we can do aircuts, the VFD box powers up, the spindle fan comes on, but the spindle doesnt spin? We have a Alpha120 and are trying to cut our pleneum & vaccum holes.. help is greatly appreciated .

fleinbach
11-20-2006, 05:39 AM
The spindle runs with output 1 on as Mike says above.

Is your email working? I sent you several emails last week but recieved no reply.

jwool
11-20-2006, 12:29 PM
edit: I accidentally posted output 4, I meant output 1, still have the same problem "spindle doesnt spin" , and still have no idea about the parameters issue.

Frank if your referring to me bout "emailing", yes my mail works fine & I havent recieved anything from you, make sure the address is correct?

evan
11-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Turning on the spindle from PW; Command SK, toggle output 1 "on" with the cursor. Push the Start button on the side of the control box, the spindle should come on.
When writing a program:
SO, 1,1 'turns on the spindle. A message box will come up telling you to hit the start button on the control box then hit enter to continue
PAUSE 'a good idea to let the spindle come up to speed before next move.

J3…………………
JZ 1 ‘move Z up out of material
SO, 1,0 'turns off the spindle

Hope this helps

fleinbach
11-21-2006, 06:37 AM
Jwool

Could you post your correct email here I'm still not able to reach you on the one in your profile.

Thanks Frank

harryball
11-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Speaking of the V7-4X, can the granularity be set for the frequency change step? Mine goes from 0.0 to 300.0 starting slowly with .x steps, then by ones, then tens and so on. I constantly overshoot and mess with trying to reach a setting. I'd be happy if it counted only by 10's or had a preset feature like a radio.

You say there is supposed to be a CD with it? Hmmm... didn't see one myself, I'll have to look again. If I don't find it is there anything really useful on it?

Robert

jwool
11-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Frank

Its jwool74@otelco.net (mailto:jwool74@otelco.net), if that doesnt get it, try jwool1574@yahoo.com (mailto:jwool1574@yahoo.com)

BTW EVAN, thanks 4 the info, I had already been doing that, still no luck, i think its the progamming of my Delta VFD,I am able to turn on the spindle by PC, but cant make it spin, however i can make it spin using the VFD, which SB said if the VFD was programmed correctly I shouldnt be able to do that. Gonna work on that

Also, does PW have its own desktop icon, or is PW found in the control software? Should i post these questions in another topic forum ?

I'm ready to work, but i keep hitting roadblocks, and jeez it kinda discouraging

Thank you to all for the 8-)

EDIT: Frank &SBers, i posted the wrong email in my profile, i have corrected it, my sincere apologies, must be these late nights trying to get this machine up & running 8-(

evan
11-21-2006, 05:02 PM
My bad, I called it PW, when I meant SB3. Good luck, hang in there I'm sure the gang at SB Tech can get it figured out for you.