PDA

View Full Version : ShopBot LapTop Holder

LeapTime
06-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Built this to try and make things around the shop a little easier! pocketed out area for mouse pad, added some shelves, added some gears for cool factor. Bolts to the table usin existing open holes on table leg!

genek
06-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Very neat... Would that work with a base ... Would love to use that at my next show.. Would you share the design in dxf..

LeapTime
06-18-2012, 03:46 PM
I'll clean up the file tonight and then pass it along...... im glad you like it..

myxpykalix
06-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Chris i like your design but i have a question. My laptop is about 3-4 ft away from my bot and i still get alot of dust getting spit on the laptop by the router and have a plastic bag i throw over the laptop to keep the dust away. Do you have a problem with dust getting all over your laptop being so close?:confused:

genek
06-18-2012, 05:05 PM
About the dust... Here is what i did... This solved my problem with dust getting into my computer... THIS HAS SAVED ME REPLACING THE COMPUTER..
YOU DO STILL HAVE TO ADD SOME FRESH AIR TO THE UNIT... BUT THAT IS EASY WITH A SMALL FAN. AND A SUPPER HIGH EFF. FILTER.

pappybaynes
06-19-2012, 12:30 PM
I'll clean up the file tonight and then pass it along...... im glad you like it..

Chris, I would greatly appreciate being included on the file as well - rgbayneswoodworking at comcast dot net
thank you,
Dick

LeapTime
06-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Here are the .dxf files for the design.... Just had to mark my holes for bolting it to the table after assembly... im sure everyones floors are differnt, so this makes it nice to customize....guess i could have put a oblong hole there now that I think about it.
I have to blow my laptop off often... I like the cover above... Well seems the design exceeds the allowed limit...... if you would like the file go ahead and shoot me a email. sorry .... unless anyone else knows how to get past that.

LeapTime
06-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Ok guys... I put the files on our website thats underconstruction..
Just goto www.welive2create.com scroll to the bottom and the two files are on the bottom of the page.
one file is the top of the holder
the second one is the legs and shelf part that bolts to the table.

thanks again....

pappybaynes
06-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks Christopher!