PDA

View Full Version : Turn on spindle

Simops
07-05-2012, 05:06 AM
Hi,

Newbie question.....getting to know my Buddy standard 48.

I'd like to turn my spindle on and manually move and plunge the spindle with the keyboard. Tried the C6 command (turn spindle on) but does nothing.... I can see the script being run on the screen but just ends and nothing.

Looked at the documentation but can't work this out....

Ta

Mike

gene
07-05-2012, 06:57 AM
I dont know about the buddy but on my alpha i hit the k key then click on the #1 toggle and use the arrow keys to move the spindle . Page up and down for the plunge. hope this helps

Simops
07-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the reply......

I was actually referring to manually turning on the spindle (spinning) and still use the K key to also manually move the spindle in all 3 axii....

Cheers

adrianm
07-05-2012, 08:40 AM
That's what Gene is describing. Turn on the #1 output in the keypad to start the spindle.

gene
07-05-2012, 01:48 PM
You may also have to press the start button on the control box after you turn on toggle #1 with the keyboard

Simops
07-06-2012, 05:54 AM
Thanks Guys for your help.....that did the trick.

Go figure.... had no idea that #1 toggle starts the spindle......could not find that info anywhere in the documentation. And I don't like throwing switches without knowing what it does first in case I stuff up something!!

Shopbot is a very well built, accurate and sturdy piece of gear, pity the documentation is somewhat 'light' for newbies!

Any ideas why the C6 (spindle on) routine does nothing?

Regards from 10,000 miles away;)

garyc
07-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Michael...
the C6, or "MTC on" routine is used with the MTC (or ATC) systems to turn on a router, spindle or up to 4 drills. It must be called up during a parts file, not run from the keyboard.

From the keyboard you may use [ALT]+4 (enables system) and then [ALT]+1 to toggle the spindle on/off or simply open the keyboard and use the output 1 toggle switch to do the same.

Simops
07-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Thanks Gary for the explanation! At least I know that there is not something wrong!

Cheers