PDA

View Full Version : oven rack pull

genek
07-31-2012, 02:08 PM
if any one wants a pattern for a oven rack pull and how to make them just let me know..

steve_g
07-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Gene

I'm not sure what an "oven rack pull" is... can you post a photo?

SG

genek
07-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Steve will post one... but think how often has your wife, girl friend, or you burnt you hand or fingers pulling out the oven rack... thought some of you might want to get some brownie points or make some to sale at shows etc.

When I make oven rack pulls, I make them out of 2 inch cherry. I set the whole board up and cut out as many as I can out of that board. I then slice the 2" blanks into 1/4" oven rack pulls then I sand them on a belt sander, dip them in mineral oil ( which is food grade.) I sale over 1000 a year.

ccmarsh
07-31-2012, 08:54 PM
That's nice. You know if you made two of them and connected them with some type of dowel at both ends...I'm always trying to re-invent the wheel. How much do you get for those anyways? Bye the way, that's very nice that you would share a file with everyone.

genek
07-31-2012, 09:13 PM
I wholesale them for $3.50 at shows i get 7.00

pappybaynes
08-01-2012, 12:36 PM
if any one wants a pattern for a oven rack pull and how to make them just let me know..
I would love a copy of the plans - just installed a new stove on Saturday!
rgbayneswoodworking at comcast dot net

genek
08-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Mr.Baynes and any one else that wants a copy... send me a e-mail to eking1953@yahoo.com.... now i know three on the site that is in the dog house, lol just kidding...

Mayo
08-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Years ago I also made one. I don't remember if I came up with the design by altering one I saw or where it came from. It may have been posted on the forum a long time ago or I may have seen one at a craft show and I decided to make it with alterations.

This one's been in use and got scratched up over the years but it still functions as intended. The finger and thumb indents aren't really necessary but they make it a little less likely to slip if you're trying to push or pull an oven rack with a huge turkey on it.

I'll look around for the file but I think it may have been on a hard drive that crashed.

genek
08-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Mr. Pardo: they have been around for years.. the one I have is older than I am... There Have been several designs on the oven rack pull from a sinple one to a fish shaped one.
thanks for sharing