PDA

View Full Version : Victorian fronts

feinddj
08-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I cut these on my bot. 1 and 2 inch foam or ldf. not all the trim is on in these pics. Assembly and paint is by Acme Scenic Co. The fronts are for food booths at the Outside Lands Festival in San Fransisco.

myxpykalix
08-09-2012, 03:40 AM
oh man, that looks like a lot of work! How many parts and toolpaths did it take?
When i made my wainscoting it was layers of pieces to build to make the various parts and this looks like 10 times more complicated.

The painting does add to it and that is a major part and they did a great job but the actual making of the parts must have been time consuming!
Great job:D

steve fedor
08-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Love this! It is really cool how you designed and assembled it to give it a feeling of dimension.

dhunt
08-09-2012, 07:22 AM
You want Victorian gingerbreading fer real?

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=432

Try this old house in Port of Spain TRINIDAD! ;)

Brady Watson
08-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Great stuff David & David!

-B

feinddj
08-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks, to be clear, I did not design it. I did fix the drawing and do all the toolpathing, which was quite a job. We ended up using color coded drawings to determine depths. Usually there were two paths per sheet, one to mark the shingles or whatever detail as a groove and then the cut out of the part. The layers go from -1 inch to 7 inches in thickness in one inch increments. If I remember correctly I cut 25 sheets of 1 inch, 12 of 2 inch foam and 18 1/4 luaun 4 by 10s. The luaun made a template for a steel frame and then once attached, served as the base layer for the foam.

JDaVinci
08-17-2012, 09:15 PM
These are really great! You did a great job, I can imagine keeping the layers in order was quite a task.