PDA

View Full Version : Bra for the 40 Ft Woman

JDaVinci
08-15-2012, 03:41 PM
We were commissioned to build this giant bra for a Breast Cancer awareness event. We got an actual bra, then laser scanned the cup. It was then cut from EPS foam (in about three 8" slices each).

They were then hard coated and covered with fabric.
The straps were a different story all together. But the cups, and the PVC buckles were all cut on our ShopBot.

The news media asked us how big the bra wound up being in 'Bra Sizes'. We couldn't definitively tell. The cups were almost 48" wide though, which according to a rough calculation would make it fit a woman 40 feet tall. From end to end it was over 20 ft long.

So next time there is an Attack of the 40 Foot Woman. At least we'll have her covered.

The picture of the bra on the roof of the truck is how we actually transported this to the client. (That isn't a toy truck...its real).

myxpykalix
08-15-2012, 07:45 PM
That would fit some Tig ol' Bitties:eek:

Great work. I bet you got some strange looks going down the road with that thing strapped to the roof!:D

stump
08-15-2012, 08:30 PM
That's gotta be one of the most unique things ever made with a Shopbot...

gene
08-15-2012, 11:37 PM
i would have loved to see the looks you got on the way to deliver this:eek:

JDaVinci
08-16-2012, 12:06 AM
That's gotta be one of the most unique things ever made with a Shopbot...

You haven't seen anything yet. We make some wacky stuff.

As for the comments about transportation. Yes, we had a good time taking it the few short miles over to the clients office. The best comment was from a guy in a huge lifted truck at a stoplight. He said "I'm following you guys. Where ever you are going, there's a girl that needs a bra that big, and I gotta see that."

-JD

genek
08-16-2012, 09:17 PM
good thing that it was not for a real woman...if the bra was that big how big would the panties have to be...