PDA

View Full Version : ZZero plate issues

dave swanyek
08-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Just got my shop bot standard 4896. Its all together powered up. My issue is the zzero plate does not seem to be making contact when I test it. the input light will not come on.I put the grounding clip on the collet and touch the plate to the bit and nothing. I have tried touching the plate to the clip and that gets me nothing. I am out of ideas and really want to surface my table.

jerry_stanek
08-18-2012, 06:40 PM
In the setup did you tell it you had a zero plate? Did you put the correct wire on the Number 1 input and not the number 1 out put?

dave swanyek
08-18-2012, 07:12 PM
yes I told it I had a plate. Also wire in correct place just a manual stated. If i touch the plate right to the clip shuld it show a coneection?

myxpykalix
08-18-2012, 07:24 PM
you're doing it all wrong....you are supposed to clip the alligator clip to your middle finger then stick your tongue to the plate.:eek:

Follow the wire back to the connector and hold it with the wire coming out of the back and tell us which hole it is inserted in. You are not completing a circuit and its probably because you have a wire in the wrong place.

Did you insert the wire or was it done for you when you got it?:confused:

dave swanyek
08-18-2012, 07:31 PM
it was done when I got it,I took the black wire and the ground out of the clip and wire nutted them together to see if it is the plastic connector still not a connection I don't have any 3 wire cable in me shop to test if bad cable

garyc
08-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Dave...
Take a short jumper wire and jump the board connector "INPUT 1" (or INP 1) to the ground connection nest to it. You can touch the screw terminals in the top of the blue terminal block.

Also verify that the black wire from the 3 conductor wire goes to INP 1, the green goes to Ground and the red should go to +5V

dave swanyek
08-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Gary,
I have all the wires in the proper location. What will the jumper tell me?

jerry_stanek
08-19-2012, 07:10 AM
It will tell you if there is a break in the wire

garyc
08-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Dave...
Like Jerry says, it will confirm that the input 1 circuit is working on the control board. If it lights when you jump it, then the wiring from the board to the clip/plate has an open in it.

Also, if you have one of the newer machines, there will be a molex connector for the probe where the clip and plate connect to the wire. You can also do a check by jumping the green to black at that location

dave swanyek
08-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Ok so I jumpered it and no green light. What's the next step to try?

myxpykalix
08-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Call; shopbot tech support. This happened with me when i first got my bot back in 06 we had a few wires crossed and it got resolved by tracing them back.

dave swanyek
08-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Will do thanks for your help.