PDA

View Full Version : Workorder for CNC jobs

andyb
08-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Hey Guys,
Do any of you have a workorder template that you use for your CNC work? I have a guy that is working with me now and we need to streamline our list of jobs for the day/week. Looking for how you guys handle what jobs need to be done. When it was just me I didn't have a problem because I knew what had to be done and did them.

Andy B.

joe
05-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Andy,

Excellent topic.

Keeping track of work can be difficult without some kind of method. My CPA put us on a method, a few years back. That's the use of clipboards, along with 1"X2"s and long screws as a rack. As a order is placed I put the contract and any other information on it. Tidbits like colors, installation details or just about anything that pertains to the job goes up there. I'll take a photo and post it to show how it works for us. I'd be lost without my clipboards.

andyb
05-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Joe,
Yes, we have so much going on that it is easy to lose track of the jobs that we have going on especially now that we have two of us taking orders. A good work-order system is something that we need to implement. I would love to see how you are doing it.

Andy B.

gc3
05-09-2014, 05:45 PM
like joe says clip boards with production schedules

donek
05-09-2014, 10:52 PM
like joe says clip boards with production schedules

We run a standardized production process that produces custom snowboards. We use a build ticket system. Each components ticket carries the serial number and customers name, includes the folder on the network where the files for cutting each part can be found. The individual part tickets include all the required information to pull the correct stock, how and where it is positioned on the CNC table as well as further processing details.