PDA

View Full Version : XY Proxy Switch Offset Setting

Hobodog2
09-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Can someone remind me how to set the X,Y home setting - the offset from the prox switch when you do the C3 routine. The book says to modify the home.sbp file - but I don't seem to have that file on the PC.

I remember setting that parameter using a pull down menu item years ago, but I don't seem to find the correct pull down setting now.

Thanks, Pete

Brady Watson
09-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Do it the easy way...Chuck a sharp v-bit into the router. Align it in X, then ZX. Align it in Y, then ZY. Then under Tools (TS command in SB3), use the ShopBot Setup 'make it easy on me' option. It will set it up for you automatically.

If running DOS or 3.4.27 or older, then lower your move speed to 1 IPS. After setting 0,0 on corner of board, move with keyboard in X until you hit the prox. Write down this NEGATIVE X value. Then move OFF of the prox and do the same for Y.

Open up SBParts/Custom/my_variables.sbc and change the values under the homing routine to these negative numbers. Save the file & test it out.

-B

Hobodog2
09-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks Brady, worked a treat - it has been years since I did that and could not remember which pull down item (TS) to use.

mccoy178
09-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Thanks Brady! I've been wondering this myself for over a year now. (I know, I know)