PDA

View Full Version : couple of doors

chunkstyle
09-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Wow, did my slopbot have to grunt to get these completed. She took it in stride though. Doors are for a coupla pantries about 12' apart that have a run of cabinets between them. This carving is a nice break from the panel busting. Doors are dry fit and have to go thru finishing still.

kurt_rose
09-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Wow, did my slopbot have to grunt to get these completed. She took it in stride though. Doors are for a coupla pantries about 12' apart that have a run of cabinets between them. This carving is a nice break from the panel busting. Doors are dry fit and have to go thru finishing still.

Very nice Tim. I've been dying to do some doors. It will happen sooner then later.

beacon14
09-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Wow, very sweet looking.

mtylerfl
09-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Those are beautiful, Tim! I love your design layout and the contrasting wood - great job!

danhamm
09-10-2012, 08:10 PM
I like your doors Tim, and appreciate the time it takes to grind them to that state..Nice..

chunkstyle
09-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys,
It was a learner but my wife and I are encouraged. Had a lot of help by reading past posts here where so much knowledge is generously shared.
Kurt, I hope you get around to doing some doors soon. I hope to get an opportunity again soon. A lot of fun.

crash5050
09-10-2012, 10:57 PM

Those panels are beautiful, how does one learn how to do such things. People on here are genuine craftsmen, I am just starting and I see all these masterpieces and when i try to do some of this stuff in aspire, it always looks like warmed over bat poo. I am going to have to go to a class or something.

Again, true craftsmanship on those panels, very beautiful.

David

chunkstyle
09-13-2012, 01:28 PM
David,

Thanks for your comments.
We didn't use any programs to generate layout images with. Someday we hope to acquire either artcam or aspire but for right now we just used photoVcarve to toolpath our pencil sketches.
It worked but we're wondering if we could have gotten our sketches to machine faster with the other two programs.
I think a pencil and paper is still way quicker to layout designs than a computer program. Simpler too. Programs tend to get like a jet cockpit and get in the way putting thoughts down on paper. For us anyways.

paul_z
09-13-2012, 03:55 PM
WOW!

Paul Z

kevin
09-13-2012, 06:13 PM
There killer