PDA

View Full Version : Proximity switches

stevem
01-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Are the proximity switches on the Bot normally open or normally closed?

Thanks

Al (Unregistered Guest)
01-18-2004, 07:13 PM
usually their normally open

gary_greco
01-27-2004, 06:36 PM
So if i were to add limit or proximty switches to each end of our SB and the cross carriage as well as the up and down of the z i would use and open switch that closed when hit? This would stop the machine and send the error "limit switch hit" also? What wires do i tap into or where do i tap into the controller board to add these switches? Our Shop Bot at the school here does not have any wiring diagram in the manual. I have swithced the red kill button over as per the new instructions with the new windows software update . And reset the ratio numbers as suggested, but we still get off track with files and some outside physical interference once and a while. I think that adding these switches will help me from having to reset the machine and re-zero everything when some knucklehead student leaves an air hose or broom leaning against the SB and it gets caught while its running.
I tried a search to answer this but didnt get even this message above.
Thanks in advance
Gary Greco
Esperanza High School ROP

gerald_d
01-27-2004, 10:38 PM
"I think that adding these switches will help me from having to reset the machine and re-zero everything when some knucklehead student leaves an air hose or broom leaning against the SB and it gets caught while its running."

The switches will not help for those events.

beacon14
01-28-2004, 10:18 PM
They will not prevent otherwise preventable accidents, but they will make the task of "rezero-ing everything" quick and easy.

ron brown
01-28-2004, 11:11 PM
"What wires do i tap into or where do i tap into the controller board to add these switches"

Any questions I have had could be answered with a careful reading of the manuals. Which, to the best of my knowledge, are still avalible for download on the ShopBot website.

grant@shopbottools.com
01-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Gary, you really should have the necessary wiring diagrams in your manual. However, you can find the diagram you need on our website, under http://www.shopbottools.com/download.htm. Expand the "documentation" category and choose "accessories". If you have the older style PR machine (made of gold strut, not blue steel), then call and we can find a diagram for you.

I hope you find this helpful.

Grant Bailey
ShopBot Tools Inc.
grant@shopbottools.com (mailto:grant@shopbottools.com)
1-888-680-4466

dvanr
06-20-2005, 10:31 AM
A couple of ideas for mounting simple vane limit switches.

The two switches are mounted on the y car in series. Switches operate normally closed , one side to signal ground the other to limit input on the control board.
A pull up resistor supplies the 5 volt logic signal at the input when a switch opens.

The X car switch is mounted on v bearing bolt.

The Y car switch is just above the X car switch, same corner.

Used pilot bearings as frictionless contact point for the switch vanes to roll over.

x car limit

y car limit

materials cost $12.00