PDA

View Full Version : Zero X & Y Routine?

SomeSailor
09-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Looking for the discussion for the repeatable home program someone had written that allowed you to zero the X, Y & Z simultaneously. It involved a copper pipe cap mounted to a plate?

I've searched high and low and can't seem to get the right search terms. Any ideas?

SomeSailor
09-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Nevermind... found it... :)

cotdom
09-24-2012, 08:33 PM
So where was it? I have been looking for it as well!

adrianm
09-25-2012, 08:00 AM
I based my routine and jig on the info here - http://www.k4mg.com/xyz.htm

There are lots of permutations on the forum.

jkaras2000
12-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Hi Guys: I have my jig built, could use the routine to center in cap. Link in this thread does not seem to be working. Could someone please help. Thanks Joe

dana_swift
12-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Joe- look in your SbParts folder, there should be two programs:

sample_Center_inHole.sbp

sample_Center_inHole_wZtest.sbp

The first one only finds the center of a hole, the second one centers in the hole and does a zzero also.

Use these routines to create your own, or just use them. I have versions of these for my copper sweat fitting XY zeros. The sweat fitting will do XYandZ if you can seat the vertical position of the cap with sufficient accuracy. Usually I use the sweat fitting for X and Y only, then use the ZZero plate for the Z location.

Read the documentation in the developers folder next to the SB3 executable in the program files.

When you make changes to working code, only change one thing, then test it. If you change two things its easy to get confused as to which one introduced a new problem.

D

jdervin
12-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Joe--

I have a slightly different version of the link Adrian posted:

http://www.k4mg.com/Hobbies/CNC/xyz.htm

...and I think this is the routine you were looking for:

jkaras2000
12-22-2012, 07:15 AM
Thanks Guys, your the best. Will be trying it out today. Happy and Healthy Holidays. Joe:cool: