PDA

View Full Version : Proximity switch question

ronbarnes
08-10-2007, 12:15 AM
I have a prs standard 4x8. Question is: My x axis prox switches check good but the y car goes clear to the right and bypasses the target and hits the stop even after I zero the table out. My 0,0 point is located on the left rear side. to match the plasma cam-. I guess I can change it to see if it helps any. any other ideas? I did try the setup program in the tools pull down but it said the sensors were already on and cancelled the setup. What's that about?

richards
08-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Ron,
The proximity switch adjustments can be found on page 69 of the PRS manual. I have the PRT-Alpha, not a PRS machine, but the distance between the bolt head and the sensor on my machine is fairly critical.

Also, I believe that the proximity sensors for the PRS are the Normally Closed type. Be sure that you set the correct mode using the VN command for the input(s) you have the sensors connected to.
When the sensor is adjusted properly, the L.E.D. on the switch should toggle on/off when the sensor is near the target bolt.

Towersonline
08-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Ronald, I'm working on the same problem with my PRS. Let me know what you find. I'll post if I'm able to fix it.