View Full Version : eyebrow style molding

mikeb
10-31-2012, 01:49 PM
need some help on how to go about matching this mold profile on to a two rail sweep for an eyebrow shaped crown.My thought is to break it into 2 sections , the cove and back (wall side), and the top section with the undercut bead the other section. I think I would also have to work with a solid block of material. I don't have aspire yet but will be purchasing shortly. Iv'e tried doing on the trial version of aspire, with not much luck. If someone could show me a screen shot of how this should look in aspire, that would be great....thanks Mike

srwtlc
10-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Mike,

If you do the two rail sweep like this, you could do it on one piece/orientation. You could cut the back angles on one board and then jig it up on the table at the proper angle to cut the face....I think. ;)

Also shown simulated with a 0.0625" ballnose finish pass.

gene
11-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Scott , ya did good, I was thinking that it needed to be split into two pieces also . When you turned it upside down it made sense then. Thanks

mikeb
11-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the reply Scott, with your screen shot you showed me what I was doing wrong, I was only drawing the face of the profile, I didn't draw the return like you show. Because this crown is an eyebrow (serpentine) shape I cant machine it with the ceiling side down, so I think breaking it down into sections (layers) is the way Ill have to go. Again thanks for taking the time, Great help........Mike