PDA

View Full Version : A couple of new sign projects for customers

dlcw
11-02-2012, 08:10 PM
First one is a business sign for a local farm. Made from cedar.

The second is for a Marine Corp vet down in AZ. Made from white oak (will be mounted on an outside wall under a totally shaded area.

myxpykalix
11-02-2012, 08:40 PM
nice stuff don...

penman
11-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi Don,

both are well done, but I like the orchard sign. Plain and not pretentious, and lets you know what you need to know.
Easy to add or subtract items. All simple and clean.

Cheers,

Roger.

bobmoore
11-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Very nice Don. What did you use for finish? Bob

Brian Harnett
11-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Very nice, I prefer real wood signs over foam or composite.

dlcw
11-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Very nice Don. What did you use for finish? Bob

The black lettering is done with stencil ink from a spray can (Grainger). The finish is Cabot Australian Timber Oil - Natural, three coats. I've always liked the look that this finish gives to cedar. Very rich and warm color.

I've got a sign on my shop door (faces west) that has been there for more then 4 years and it still looks the same as the day I put it up. Stuff seems to last. I know I will eventually have to put another coat on to freshen it up but that's ok.

When I do cedar signs for customers and use the Timber Oil, I let them know that they should be a fresh coat on every 3 to 4 years to keep it looking new. You can get the finish at Lowes.

butch
11-03-2012, 08:12 PM
First one is a business sign for a local farm. Made from cedar.

The second is for a Marine Corp vet down in AZ. Made from white oak (will be mounted on an outside wall under a totally shaded area.

Great signs Don -

Brady Watson
11-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Nice! There's some money to be made with farm signs...

-B