PDA

View Full Version : Start up business products

nick
07-16-2007, 07:33 AM
Just about finished finalizing for a new shopbot, finding it hard to settle on one idea for web based business...any thoughts???

These machines are so flexible...where to begin...

jhicks
07-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Nick, The simple answer is whatever you want. In the end there seem to be limitless possibilities so as you "finalize" your plan, consider what you know, what you like, what you need, and what will make you happy both emotionally and financially.
The photos and the posts are all very motivating and stimulate ones imagination.
As stated in other posts, if you are passionate about what you do, and follow that passion, you will ultimately be successful.
Only you can decide what will accomplish your goals but I find it very interesting to visit other folks web sites and see what they are up to. Not that we will do what they do, but the creative folks out there seem to all have their unique spin, contacts, markets, products, skills, space, capabilities, experience, and passion.
Some are more engineering and design driven, some are more production driven, some are more artistic, some software driven, and others are more opportunistic in nature.
Guess its really all about YOU.

bcammack
07-16-2007, 11:29 AM
I was at a Railfair this weekend. As a group, rail fans are fairly rabid consumers of anything railroad themed. (witness the $50 cast aluminum, non-functional knuckle coupler for your vehicle's hitch receiver...)

Carved plaques with the logos of "fallen flag" railroads, or clever railroad-related sayings, "To Trains", with an arrow pointing left or right is quite popular as railfans often have model layouts somewhere in their house.

Carved plaques with old-fashioned steam locomotives on them.

We're actually fairly stupid about the whole thing, really...
(If I had a vehicle with a class-III hitch on it, I'd probably buy that silly coupler. Even worse, I'd probably "weather it" to look like a real one.)

harryball
07-16-2007, 12:19 PM
If you find something that you yourself are an enthusiast over... you've got a head start. If you love trains, go for it. If you love horses, cars (porsche, ferarri, corvette...), if you love dogs, fish and so forth... tap it. Join the associations and participate, meet the people and become one of the group. Marketing then becomes sharing.

Robert

bill.young
07-16-2007, 12:20 PM
You forgot bats...

harryball
07-16-2007, 12:54 PM
:-)

Every morning I get up and get started and tell myself, "It's about the bats" and get to work. I find I have a lot more energy looking at it that way than any other. Without that energy and focus there is no way I'd still be doing this.

Robert

ed_lang
07-16-2007, 02:22 PM
So everyday I get up and say "my business is going to the dogs"

:-)

harryball
07-16-2007, 03:44 PM
As long as the dogs pay cash...